JANAHITHA PAKSHA (JHP)
CONSTITUTION AND PROGRAMME
Article I. Name of the Party: JANAHITHA PAKSHA
Article II. Objectives of the Party
- The Party, shall bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by law established, and to the principles of socialism, secularism and democracy, and would uphold the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India.
- The party is committed to task of building a developed democratic India based on principle of equal opportunity to all the citizens. The party will lay special emphasis on improving the condition of socially and economically disadvantaged sections of society in order to build an India based on lofty objectives of our freedom struggle and Gandhian Principles.
- The Party will Endeavour to campaign against evil influence of money power and muscle power vitiating the democratic policies.
- The Party will pursue a policy of social and economic justice and development. It believes in Gandhian concept of decentralisation of power so that the fruits of development could be made available to all the citizens. It also believes in peaceful and democratic forms of expression of dissent.
- The Party is firmly committed to secularism and is against the concept of a theocratic state.
- The Party will achieve its objectives through peaceful and democratic forms of campaigns like meetings, seminars, conferences and rallies. It will also raise the contemporary issues affecting common citizens during election campaigns. The Party will contest the elections conducted by the Election Commission of India, within five years of its registration and thereafter will continue to contest.
- The Party declares that it will not in any manner promote or instigate or participate in violence.
Article III:A. Membership
- All Indian Citizens above the age of 18 years shall, after making payment of a biennial subscription of Rs5/- only and on making a written declaration affirming faith in Article-II of this constitution can become a primary member of the Party provided that he is not a member of any other party.
- The period of membership shall be of four years.
- Any primary member, on enrolling 10 members can become an Active member of the Party.
Article III : B. Preparation of Rolls of primary and Active Members
1. The District Units shall, before the 31st March, in every four years, publish the preliminary roll of primary and active members enrolled or renewed during the previous term. The revised and final roll, after scrutiny shall be published not later than the 31st of August every fourth year.
2. The final roll published as above shall be in force till the next roll is prepared.
3. Permanent list or registers of active members shall be prepared by the District Executive after being duly certified by the state Executive.
4. Membership shall seize by Death of the Party member, Resignation, Removal or non-payment of fee.
5. Lists of Primary members shall be maintained by District and subordinate Committees after being duly authorized by the State Executive.
Article IV: Organs of the Party (Organisational Structure)
The Party will, at present, be a state level party in Karnataka State However, if situation so demands in future, it will be extended to other states and national level through proper amendmet in the constitution with due intimation to the Election commission of India.
A. At Present the Party shall have following units
i) Panchayat /Municipal Ward council and Panchayat /Municipal Ward Executive Committee at Panchayat /Municipal ward level.
ii) Block council and block Executive Committee at Block Level.
iii) District Council and District Executive at District Level.
iv) State Council and State Executive Committee.
v) Plenary Session.
B. Primary Unit
A primary Unit Shall be Set up at Gram Panchayat or Municipal Ward level where there are at last 15 active members and 150 primary members.
C. Terms of Office & periodicity of elections
- The Term of all council and executive committees at all levels shall be four years.
- The Term of office bearers of the party shall be four years.
- The party elections will be held every four years.
Article –V. I: Office Bearers of the Party
I) Panchayat/Municipal Ward council will consists of all active members of the respective /Municipal Ward.
II) Panchayat/Municipal Ward council shall elect a Panchayat/Municipal Ward Executive Committee consisting of not more than 9 members and shall also elect a President. The Panchayat/Municipal Ward president of the party appoint the following
Vice President ---01
General Secretary ---01
III) Panchayat/ Municipal Ward Council shall elect 02 delegates for Block Council.
B. Block Council & Block Executive Commitee
I) Block Council shall consists of all panchayat/ Municipal Ward Executive Committee members under its jurisdiction and elected delegates from the Panchayat / Municipal Ward Councils.
II) Block Council shall elect from among its members a Block Executive committee consisting not more than17 members and elect a President the Block President shall appoint the following office bearers from among the members of the Block Executives committee.
Vice President ---02
General Secretary ---04
III) Block Council shall elect 05 delegates to the council and 01 delegat to the state council.
C. District Council and District Executive Committee
I) District Council shall consists of all Block Executive Committee members Within its jurisdiction and elected delegates from the Block Council. All former Presidents of the District Council and the Party members of the state Legislative and parliament from the District shall be ex-officio members of the District Council.
II) District Council shall elect the District President of the Party and shall also elect a District Executive Committee from among its members .The District Executive Committee shall have a maximum of 51 members.
The District President shall appoint following office bearers from among the members of the District Executive Committee
Vice President ---a maximum of 05
General Secretary --- a maximum of 05
D. State council and State Executive Committee
I)One elected delegate from each Block Council of the State.
II)District Presidents and Vice Presidents.
III)All members of State Legislature, MPs from the State and Mayors of the State belonging to the Party shall be ex-officio members of the State Council.
Iv)All former Presidents of the State Councils if they are members of the party shall be ex-officio members of the State Council.
v)State Council can be constituted only if at least 50% of the District Council are constituted.
E.State Executive Committee
I)The State Council shall elect a President and State Executive Committee of maximum of 75 members from among its members.
II)The elected President shall appoint following office bearers from among the members of State Executive Committee-
Vice President ---a maximum of 05
General Secretary --- a maximum of 10
III)All members of State Legislature and MP’s from the State who are members of the party will be ex-officio members of the State Executive Committee-
F. Plenary Session
1.Plenary Session of the party shall be held once in four years at a place to be decided upon by the State Executive:
2.Members of all District Councils and District Executives along with members of the State Council and State Executive Committee shall be delegates of the plenary Session of the party;
3.The Plenary Session shall consider resolutions, recommended to it for adoption by the state executive committee;
4.It shall also consider and approve constitutional amendments if at least two thirds of the delegates vote for the amendments;
5.The District Council in whose Jurisdiction the Plenary session is held shall act as the Reception Committee and may-co-opt additional members for the purpose.
ARTICLE V. 2
Election of the president
1.For election of the President, the State Executive shall appoint a Returning Officer who shall not hold any office-bearer’s post at the State level for four years after the elections. The Returning Officer shall appoint Presiding Officers and make arrangements for the poll.
2.Presiding Officers shall forward the ballot boxes to the Returning Officer. After the receipt of all the ballot boxes, the Returning Officer shall count the votes of each candidate in presence of one observer from every candidate.
3.The Election of Presidents of the Party at District and Block levels will take place in a similar manner through free fair and democratic elections.
Powers of the Office Bearers
I).President: The President shall be responsible for the smooth functioning of the party and he will be assisted in this task by other office bearers. He or she will preside over the meetings of the Council and Executive Committee meetings. The President will distribute assignments to other office bearers. He or she shall exercise all the powers of the executive committee when it is not in session. He/she however will have to get his decisions ratified by the next meeting of the executive committees. The President shall be responsible for carrying out the decisions of the Executive Committee.
II).Vice President: The vice President shall preside over the meetings of the Council and Executive Committee in the absence of the President. The Vice President shall also discharge all the responsibilities assigned to him/her by the President.
III). General Secretary: General Secretary will implement the decisions of the Executive Committee and carry out assignments given by the President.
IV). Treasurer: Treasurer shall be in charge of funds of the Party and will keep proper accounts of the income and expenditure and present a report to the Executive Committee.
Article –VI : Rules of Dispute Resolution and Discipline
The State Executive Committee will form two separate Committee:-
a).Dispute Resolution Committee.
b).Disciplinary Action Committee.
These committees will take up respective kind of complaints and make recommendation to the Executive Committee for necessary action. All such matters will be reported to the Executive Committee.The dispute resolution committee and disciplinary action committee will not have more than nine (9) members.
Article –VII : Basics of Rules of Conduct of Business
a)The decisions will be taken in all the councils and committees on the basis of simple majority, where unanimity is not possible. However, constitutional amendments shall require two thirds majority for approval.
b)The quorum for all meetings of councils and committees shall be one third of the strength of the council or committee.
c)Due notice of at least 2 weeks shall be given for any meetings of the council or committee.
Article VIII : Party Funds and Accounts
The Party will maintain a fund the contributions for which will come from its members, supporters and well wishers. Complete transparency shall be observed in respect of this fund which shall be used only for political activities with the Party.The Party will submit its annual financial return of the Commission within six months of the end of each financial year and the audit of the party accounts will be conducted by an Auditor empanelled with the CAG. The fund of the party will be used for political purpose only and the party will abide by the instructions issued by the Commission from time to time in the maintenance of its accounts.The audited statement of accounts will also be submitted to income tax authorities.The treasurer of the party will be responsible for keeping regular accounts.A Bank account shall be opened which will be operated jointly by president, Treasurer and one of the General Secretaries authorised by the President.
Article –IX: Party Constitution Amendment Procedure
The Constitution can be amended except Article II, only by a Plenary Session of the party. The State Council shall have the power to recommend amendment to this Constitution, except Article II, by a majority of two thirds of its members present and voting after due notice. The changes made by the State Council shall be placed before the next Plenary Session of the Party for approval.
Article-X : Merger, Split and Dissolution Procedures
a.Merger :In special circumstances the Party may merge with any other political party with similar aims and objectives. The decision of merger will have to be taken by two third majority of the State Council and State Executive Committee after circulating the resolution of merger to all the district council and extensive discussion in these bodies. The resolution of merger will be placed in State Executive Committee and State council only after concurrence from two third of the District council.
b.Split/ Dissolution:If due to unavoidable situation the Party has to split/dissolve, the decision will have to be taken by two third majority in the State Council and State Executive Committee. In the case of split/dissolution all the movable and immovable assets of the party will be divided according to the decision of the State council after circulating the resolution of split/dissolution to all the district council and extensive discussion in these bodies. The split/dissolution can take place only after concurrence from two thirds of the District council.
Article –XI: Party’s Allegiance to the Constitution of India
The Party shall bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by law established and to the principles of Socialism, Secularism and Democracy and would uphold the Sovereignty, Unity and Integrity of India.
Flag and Logo
A cloth cut at a rectangular proportion of 2: 1:1 from top to bottom with its Parallel First Part Black, Second part Yellow & Third Part Red is the JANA HITHA PAKSHA flag. White side is tied to the stick bearing the flag. As far as possible, lesser use of paper shall be made for making flags. Cloth is preferable, and plastic shall be avoided.
A flying JANA HITHA PAKSHA flag placed above the block letters JHP in dark blue and reduced in size to fit in a square block bordered in light black is the JANA HITHA PAKSHA logo, normally used in letter pads, banners, receipts, and membership and nomination forms.